EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance)
At Pangbourne House, we believe that the EYFS guidance complements the Montessori method. It understands the importance of giving a child a holistic education. The main features of the foundation stage guidance are:
- The recognition that young children need to learn through practical experiences rather than being taught.
- Play is emphasised as the vehicle of learning for children.
- The importance of working from children’s interests and needs is highlighted.
- EYFS is the first curriculum in England to cross the divide between pre-school and school.
- Personal, social and emotional development of children is recognised as providing the backdrop for other learning.
- The role of parents is promoted as that of equal partners working together to find the best way forward for each individual child. (Tassoni,2002)